BASIC HSE AWARENESS COURSE
To provide a background of health and safety issues to make staff aware of their responsibilities to themselves, colleagues and the public. Includes an overview of general health and safety, COSHH, the principles of risk assessment.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand how general health and safety awareness can impact on better safety standards at work.
- Understand the concept of risk assessment and in practical terms how it relates to specific work activities.
- Understand how to reduce risks associated with hazardous substances.
- General health and safety awareness
- Proactive and reactive health & safety monitoring
- Safety Policies
- Accident / Incident reporting
- Health Surveillance
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fire & First Aid
- Substances at work
- Principles of risk assessment
- Reasons for using risk assessment
- Hazards, risks and control measures
- Risk assessment in practice
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes