BASIC FIRST AID / CPR
Our EC Program covers (Basic First Aid CPR & AED) which is an internationally certified program. Emergency Care program is a licensed program. The course methodology is not about teaching theoretical details but we mainly focus on hands on practice on handling various first aid cases, CPR techniques and effective utilization of AED at work places.
- Define First Aid
- Role of the First Aider
- Approaching the patient
- Key Aims of First Aid
- Preserve Life
- Prevent further harm
- Promote Recovery
- Key skills required for First Aid (ABC Life Cycle)
- Conditions that often require First Aid
- Bleeding and shock
- Caring for injury
- Continuous Patient Care
- Caring for illness
- Common First Aid Cases
- Additional Considerations
- Class Evaluation
This course will measure mastery on each of the following performance objectives:
- Provide first aid to shock victims
- Define shock.
- Select the method used to eliminate shock.
- List ways to treat a shock victim.
- Use first aid methods associated with CPR
- Describe the Heimlich maneuver.
- Explain CPR.
- Select the proper amount of breaths per minute when giving CPR.
- Provide proper first aid to a heart attack victim
- Select signs that someone is having a heart attack.
- Provide proper first aid to a bleeding victim
- Identify how often a tourniquet should be loosened to check bleeding.
- Properly react to a poisoning
- Choose the proper technique to dilute poison in a conscious victim.
- Follow proper actions to help a near-drowning person
- Select appropriate emergency actions to save a near-drowning person.
- 01-Day Theory & Practical
- Examination Entry Fees
- Comprehensive Course Notes
- Certificate (on successful completion)
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes